Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old, important, News that No One was talking about in my News Thread

5 posters

Go down

Papers Plz?

Old, important, News that No One was talking about in my News Thread Voting1033%Old, important, News that No One was talking about in my News Thread Voting10 33% 
[ 1 ]
Old, important, News that No One was talking about in my News Thread Voting1067%Old, important, News that No One was talking about in my News Thread Voting10 67% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 3

Old, important, News that No One was talking about in my News Thread Empty Old, important, News that No One was talking about in my News Thread

Post by Nihil Tue May 25, 2010 2:11 am

Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12272
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Old, important, News that No One was talking about in my News Thread Empty Re: Old, important, News that No One was talking about in my News Thread

Post by Disturbed Tue May 25, 2010 2:14 am

I disagree
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10454

Back to top Go down

Old, important, News that No One was talking about in my News Thread Empty Re: Old, important, News that No One was talking about in my News Thread

Post by Nihil Tue May 25, 2010 2:18 am

hey don't forget to vote then!?
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Karnage Tue May 25, 2010 2:33 am

Disturbed wrote:I disagree
As do I, that is so wrong.
Karnage
Karnage

+Light/-Dark : 1

Experience Points : 5492

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Tue May 25, 2010 2:47 am

as in I disagree that it is racist. Carry ur effing passport wid u, just put it in ur car. Or make a copy and put it in ur car. Never has to leave it.

Now from my understanding they can't just randomly arrest you for driving along the street and looking Mexican enough to arrest. I believe it has more to do with arresting someone who was caught for something else, say speeding, and didn't have his passport/ Immigration Certificate. I don't see an issue with that.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Tue May 25, 2010 10:47 pm

In Nazi Germany the slogan was, papers please, and here we are again

papers please? uh... whoops! Sorry, I don't like having to carry this paper with me EVERYWHERE I go @.@
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue May 25, 2010 11:14 pm

Nihil wrote:In Nazi Germany the slogan was, papers please, and here we are again

papers please? uh... whoops! Sorry, I don't like having to carry this paper with me EVERYWHERE I go @.@

then your being idiotic. what's next nihil, we shouldnt use license plates because the 'man' is trying to track where my car goes? i dont wanna carry this big piece of metal EVERYWHERE i go! -.- your argument is stupid, pls come up with sth better. identification papers have wayyyyy too many uses other than this law. it is already your obligation to have your papers with you, and if im wrong and it isnt, then it should be obligatory. its a fucking piece of paper in plastic.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26952
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Tue May 25, 2010 11:15 pm

If you don't have the papers on you, then you can be detained under the suspicion that you are an illegal immigrant.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue May 25, 2010 11:28 pm

with reason. those documents are for you to be identified, be it police, medical or anth else. if you cnat be identified, then they are right to detain you for that.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Tue May 25, 2010 11:30 pm

Sure, but, do you really think that you should be required to carry around those papers all the time? Kind of stupid if you ask me, that means that I would probably have to carry those papers around, so, if I was, by some coincidence, connected to a crime because I knew the guy, that if I didn't have my papers that they could detain me indefinitely?
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed May 26, 2010 12:50 am

Yes, because in the law, if you didnt know this already, the police can detain you for 24 hours WITHOUT ANY ACCUSATIONS OR SUSPICIONS. so this is jus plain old media flashing bullshit, and is ONLY preposterous because the words "ilegal" and "immigrant" were there.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed May 26, 2010 1:10 am

O.K

Tell me, how is it that you will enforce this law if there is "reasonable" suspicion that they are illegal? The fair Lady Justice is blind, she sees no color, so good luck with that, I guess that means everyone will have to carry their papers^^

Also, my school teacher, a Latina, will move out of Ohio if the same law passes here for good reason, if it passes here.

Finally, maybe in Portugal, but not here, can the police pull you over for no reason.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Wed May 26, 2010 1:14 am

I agree with it. We have enough jobs being outsourced. Not that hard to have some ID with u
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16931
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed May 26, 2010 1:17 am

More importantly this takes away from the Police's attention to the real issues, like murder, arson, and theft. Now, they are trying to enforce an impossible law, this would certainly create jobs, at the expense of rights, lives, money, property, in general, that is, a rise in crime.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention *looks at Dist* you guys should know about this fairly well by now, I mean, this is NATIONAL NEWS /false enthusiasm silent
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed May 26, 2010 9:25 am

Suspicious actions are what make the cops pull you over Nihil. Even sometimes, they just pick a random driver, they caught a lot of criminals that way. Your putting racial prejudice where there is none. This law is to prevent illegal immigrants, or even to make you carry YOUR FUCKING ID, WICH IS WHAT ITS FOR, TO IDENTIFY YOU. and your being an ass and making a 'denial of freedom' out of it, when there is none. ALSO, pretty much anywhere in the world a cop can pull you over for no reason. Thats why they are the police and your not. They are trained and your not.

Your school teacher is freaking out. If she has a fucking id, im sure she carries a bag with her, its not hard to put a fucking like A6 paper inside it. Problem solved.

Not to mention another thing. Criminals, when commiting crimes, dont usually carry their ID. wich is smart, since it can identify them if they get pulled over or sth.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Wed May 26, 2010 9:46 am

agreed. They are probably not going to be plucking Mexicans driving their Camry's over...but let's say a pickup truck with 10 ppl in the back (which is a violation of quite a few American laws anyways) will be stopped. Can this law become a way for cops to exhibit racism? Yes. However, that is true of every law....and while I do not trust the cops any more than the government, I don't see why they can't be allowed to do their job.

In the beginning I was thinking like Nihil too, until I got my facts straight...
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed May 26, 2010 9:49 am

Disturbed wrote:agreed. They are probably not going to be plucking Mexicans driving their Camry's over...but let's say a pickup truck with 10 ppl in the back (which is a violation of quite a few American laws anyways) will be stopped. Can this law become a way for cops to exhibit racism? Yes. However, that is true of every law....and while I do not trust the cops any more than the government, I don't see why they can't be allowed to do their job.

In the beginning I was thinking like Nihil too, until I got my facts straight...

human error is human error, and racism can happen any time, any law.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed May 26, 2010 11:11 am

This is institutionalized racism and racial profiling. All they need is "reasonable" suspicion, tell me, how does that work? Technically, they wouldn't know, and so, it is impossible to both enforce this law and to work it, because it would involve prejudice against a certain group of people who already face extreme and unjustified prejudice for the color of their skin and ethnic background down in the south.

Dray the police can't pull you over for nothing in the US so stop trying to make a deal out of it.

What happens if I walk places? Should I have to carry around an ID just to go out of my house? Should we all have to have some kind of government ID just to set foot outside our houses?

I like how you said mexicans dist, because it shows that the only real way to enforce this law is through profiling people through ethnicity.

My school teacher is not freaking out, she has high degrees in both education and business, she knows how this stuff works.

THIS law was written by a WHITE SUPREMACIST. How can you two condone racism, unless of course, you two are racist yourselves.

Dray your being a xenophobic ass right now, not me. You are apparently so molested by the thought of people seeking opportunity that you find it reasonable to have to carry some type of ID everywhere you go, even if you just walk to the grocery store, or else you will face the punishment.

Brushing it off as, "racism happens all the time" is the very epitome of arrogance, racism may happen all the time, but when you are on the receiving end, trust me, you don't get to think that way.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed May 26, 2010 11:52 am

yes i do Nihil, because its a fucking piece of paper, than in many cases, saves your life when your in need of medical attention, and keeps crime a lil bit more in check. The police can detain you for 24 hours without accusations Nihil. its in the fucking law of the U.S.A.

I actually am sorry for illegal immigrants, and i wouldnt mind having them living next to me, but the law is the law. I have family who are illegal immigrants Nihil, and i probably know more of that world than you will EVER be able to comprehend, because i AM from a family of immigrants, some legal, some illegal, so you calling me a xenophobic ass just comes to proove how much you DONT know about what your talking about. Next time, think before you spout bullshit out of that mouth, i might just catch you in your ignorance, like i just did. I would never rat out or deny help to an immigrant, but they know the risks they are taking when they do that, and if they are caught, they are caught.

Your school teacher is freaking out, after all, if your a citizen of the USA, if you show police your papers, they just let you go on whatever you were doing before they asked you your papers. Seriously thou, whats the fucking point of having the ID even if you dont use it for anything, just sitting in the house taking dust?
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed May 26, 2010 10:20 pm

Well then, show me that law, because I would like to see it Dray.

I also know what you mean, I don't support illegal immigration, but at the same time it is impossible to enforce a law like this without racial profiling.

Where would you carry your ID Dray? In your pocket? In your knapsack? WHOOPS! You lost it, now what?

Also Dray, its not ignorance or arrogance not to know something about you that isn't common knowledge, don't get so worked up into a huffy about something like this, sheesh, you don't even live here and you're yelling at me.

Tell me, how will you enforce this law besides pulling over EVERYONE you meet and not just pulling over mexicans?
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed May 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Nihil wrote:Well then, show me that law, because I would like to see it Dray.

I also know what you mean, I don't support illegal immigration, but at the same time it is impossible to enforce a law like this without racial profiling.

Where would you carry your ID Dray? In your pocket? In your knapsack? WHOOPS! You lost it, now what?

Also Dray, its not ignorance or arrogance not to know something about you that isn't common knowledge, don't get so worked up into a huffy about something like this, sheesh, you don't even live here and you're yelling at me.
Tell me, how will you enforce this law besides pulling over EVERYONE you meet and not just pulling over mexicans?

1. Yes i get worked up, because you called me a xenophobic ass, wich i should of just infracted you outfront, but i chose to show how much ignorance you are speaking in your words instead. and TO ADD to the 'speaking without knowing' ignorance of yours, I HAVE FAMILY IN AMERICA, IMMIGRANTS NIHIL. again, you speak wihtout knowing sth, as you always do, jumping to stuff, to conclusions before having a reasonable picture of things. refrain from ever assuming anything about me ever again please. its not common knowledge, but you chose to profile me as a xenophobic when i myself am an immigrant.

2. Quite simple Nihil, there is sth called 'suspicious behaviour'. its a neat little thing that is a core in POLICE VIGILANCE. if you are acting suspicious, police have the duty to pull you over. it is non lucrative to just stop anyone without anything ,or everyone. stoping someone cause they are mexican is not enough reason to pull someone over, but hey, guess what nihil, guess what type of immigrants is flooding into america in tons? LATIN PEOPLE. so yeah, im sorry if its racist nihil, but being mexican is an addition to the level of suspect of illegal immigrancy. again, its not enough reason to pull someone over if your a cop. and nihil, if you wanna find out, go to a police station and ask if they cant detain you for 24 hours without accusations. racism is inevitable nihil, this law wont add anything new to the amazing force that is the US Police Force.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed May 26, 2010 11:53 pm

Tell that to champ then buddy Razz

Also, I've looked every where, and I can't find it, so, if you can find it for me, please do, de quo hoc iure
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down