Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senatorial Rule Amendment? - Suggestion

+16
Skorp
soran
Ptolemy
Aragorn
Bulldog
muigi
Talkin'boutFreedom
Thing
tRibaL
Disturbed
BgFighter/Ghost
Aureus
Aardvark
Dray The Fingerless
Deadly Assassin
Nihil
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Senatorial Rule Amendment? - Suggestion - Page 3 Empty Re: Senatorial Rule Amendment? - Suggestion

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:54 pm

At most, i would start posting who voted what(even thou this is completely and utterly anti-democratical, seeing as voting is a private matter) but being allowed to see 'debates' is just utterly useless, since you cant even argue about it. in fact, if you saw these debates, there is nothing you CAN do. the most you could do after seeing this is argue that you dont like what we are doing in there. but you can say that you dont like this act or another. personal opinions on the matter of voting a act are useless. all i care for is if they vote yes or no. why they vote is of no matter to me, and in these votings, most of us just post "Voted" and almost never debate. when we do debate, its mostly about changes to the idea. we try to evolve the change to a stable point, or not change at all, and THEN
we present this changed act as a "Revised Act" on public forums to see how you think of it. that i CAN show you.

terms for senators is completely useless in a small clan. this idea is just stupid.

Nihil, i will not show you the launch codes for our nuclear missiles. Accept this ok?
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26952
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Senatorial Rule Amendment? - Suggestion - Page 3 Empty Re: Senatorial Rule Amendment? - Suggestion

Post by Ptolemy Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:30 pm

well now you just screwed the pooch... why would you let them know we have nukes???

not the IAEC will be on our butts to get us to disarm....

Nihil, you know what we vote on already because everything we vote on is posted here. as for how WHO votes we do not even know that unless the senator chooses to divulge that info. so looks like you are making a stink because you do not know HOW everyone votes and that, truly, is none of your business. if you do not like the acts and regulations coming out of the senate then say something. Come to think of it this is the FIRST time i have heard you complain about ANYTHING coming from the senate. so are you just trying to make sure you are not offended or have you been offended in the past and have just been burying the pain?

Term limits? how long is to long? I have to admit i do not know what limit you want all i know is you think 2 years is to long...

Last edited by Ptolemy on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell)
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15866
Comments : Senatorial Rule Amendment? - Suggestion - Page 3 Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:57 pm

Our system works fine, rules are voted on and changed as needed. It has not caused any real drama and has created one of the most successful JA clans ever. So lets not fix something that is not broken. I agree with Spans first post here.

And as for the way some of you have behaved in this thread, I may review it and hand out infractions when I have time to fully review it.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17194
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:58 pm

As it's been said, there is no point in seeing what is being debated and not being able to debate yourself. Your need to feel in control and be all knowing in the matter of the Senate is unnecessary...
Aragorn
Aragorn
Grand Master of the Jedi Order

+Light/-Dark : -79

Experience Points : 12059
Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by soran Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:01 pm

god it must take you guys forever to write that much
soran
soran

+Light/-Dark : 19

Experience Points : 12056

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:29 pm

ok if this thread is no longer needed (ITS NO LONGER NEEDED TRUST ME) I'll Close this. Very Happy Have a Nice Day. Very Happy
Sqrl
Sqrl

+Light/-Dark : -674

Experience Points : 13361
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:27 pm

sry but I would just like to state one last point before relocking..

Terms:

Aard said that we already have a lot of retired people and new ppl are on the senate as well, Nomad, Dray, Sqrl and Pto are just examples of how new people are on the senate and thus representing the opinion as well. By new I mean that they were not founders or anything of the sort. So there is a sort of natural cyclation in place and the elections being held right now prevent the stagnation that you speak of. If there were stagnation then there would be no new people needed to come in.

And having terms would result in a complete overhaul in clan structure everytime there was a re election. Not good for stability.

And all these arguments have already been submitted, perhaps you can bother to read before suggesting that people are dodging your argument or have not argued successfully?
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10454

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3