Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friend just bought hl2 and tf2 and it keeps crashin

2 posters

Go down

Friend just bought hl2 and tf2 and it keeps crashin Empty Friend just bought hl2 and tf2 and it keeps crashin

Post by tRibaL Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:37 pm

googled it, found out steam is the biggest POS there is.
Wont let me run ANY firewalls, not even some of my less known ones, AS FAR AS NOT LETTING ME USE X-FIRE OR MY CD BURNING SOFTWARE.

so yea... the errors are varrying between three types, random crashes, instant crashes when game starts, and lag untill the cows come home and anally rape us.

so yea... it complains about HL2 having a problem when its team fortess 2, please help, windows is killing it tho, it says windows finds a error, and heres a link to something: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289

anybody else thinking wat the hell.

we gotta make this right, or atleast be able to play.
tRibaL
tRibaL

+Light/-Dark : -2

Experience Points : 9138

Back to top Go down

Friend just bought hl2 and tf2 and it keeps crashin Empty Re: Friend just bought hl2 and tf2 and it keeps crashin

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:43 pm

Steam is a highly condecorated and praised online platform. Unlike some DRM's out there(looks at Ubisoft) it lets you run freely, while instead of trying to fight hackers, it gives sweet prizes to people who buy the games. Ill go so far as to telling you i once ran a Portal torrented game AND IT RAN ON STEAM! SRSLY!
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26966
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Friend just bought hl2 and tf2 and it keeps crashin Empty Re: Friend just bought hl2 and tf2 and it keeps crashin

Post by tRibaL Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:52 pm

well, did you look at that list, i wouldnt call that freely in the slightest. ,
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm

1st thing: HL2 complaints on TF2 means nothing. Source Engine was made for HL2 and they basically refer to certain Source files and execs as HL2 files, becuz you are in fact using HL2 engine.

2nd: Lag problems are simple: YOU HAVE A SHITTY COMPUTER. Half life 2 has VAST amounts of draw distance, and requires a somewhat decent comp to run any source game. ADD TO THAT the steam platform running in the back, and you understand you cant run both on a shitty computer. if you have lags despite having a good comp, i have no fucking idea. all i know is, its not steam's fault.

3rd. The random crashes could be anything, and the insta crashes are explained on the error message yu get.

As for the Firewall, and other shit, i dunno, you are unlucky.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26966
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:00 am

lag, you mean his computer with 700 gigs of memory, 6 gigs of ram, crazy sweet video card.... its state of the art, and not crappy in the slightest.
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down