Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CoD MW3 Redemption :o

+9
Ptolemy
Dray The Fingerless
soran
Ðaaaaa
Aardvark
Aragorn
Reptile
Nomad
Red-X
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

CoD MW3 Redemption :o - Page 4 Empty Re: CoD MW3 Redemption :o

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:15 pm

lol shows what you know ara.

1. i play weekly call of duty with my friends. lots of LAN sessions. next time shut your mouth when you dont know what youre talking about. itll save you the embarassment

2. battlefield i slightly prefer to play to cod, but with my friends cod is better(mainly cause they dont play bf).

3. the feeling of anticipation isnt one that cod fans feel, apart from most dedicated ones. most people who play cod arent nervously waiting in anticipation for cod. there is no surprise to them, specially since they got a cod just a year ago. there is no waiting period for them for that feeling to arise. the gaming community is NOT crying out like fanboys for cod. to them its just meh another cod, lets check it out.
compare that to starcraft 2 or diablo 3 or skyrim. every one person who wants to play those games, WANTS IT REALLY HARD. specially the blizzard ones. i mean, starcraft 2, that was a whole fucking NATION just crying in joy when they announced it. you cannot possibly say COD is more anticipated than starcraft 2 was after that event. i go around a lot of the gaming community, alot ofgaming forums sites, people n communities. cod is not THE MOST ANTICIPATED TITLE IN HISTORY. it has become an EXPECTED event of life, mainly over its yearly cycle and overall staleness that it has hitten by now.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26939
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Talkin'boutFreedom Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:30 pm

Battlefield series is good (excluding the Bad Companys), last decent CoD was MW2. CoD2/CoD4 > MW2> Hello Kitty Adventures Online > All other CoDs. Think that wraps up this entire convo
Talkin'boutFreedom
Talkin'boutFreedom

+Light/-Dark : -42

Experience Points : 6693

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Talkin'boutFreedom wrote:Battlefield series is good (excluding the Bad Companys), last decent CoD was MW2. CoD2/CoD4 > MW2> Hello Kitty Adventures Online > All other CoDs. Think that wraps up this entire convo

i wrapped up yer mom.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:42 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:lol shows what you know ara.

1. i play weekly call of duty with my friends. lots of LAN sessions. next time shut your mouth when you dont know what youre talking about. itll save you the embarassment

2. battlefield i slightly prefer to play to cod, but with my friends cod is better(mainly cause they dont play bf).

3. the feeling of anticipation isnt one that cod fans feel, apart from most dedicated ones. most people who play cod arent nervously waiting in anticipation for cod. there is no surprise to them, specially since they got a cod just a year ago. there is no waiting period for them for that feeling to arise. the gaming community is NOT crying out like fanboys for cod. to them its just meh another cod, lets check it out.
compare that to starcraft 2 or diablo 3 or skyrim. every one person who wants to play those games, WANTS IT REALLY HARD. specially the blizzard ones. i mean, starcraft 2, that was a whole fucking NATION just crying in joy when they announced it. you cannot possibly say COD is more anticipated than starcraft 2 was after that event. i go around a lot of the gaming community, alot ofgaming forums sites, people n communities. cod is not THE MOST ANTICIPATED TITLE IN HISTORY. it has become an EXPECTED event of life, mainly over its yearly cycle and overall staleness that it has hitten by now.

Really? Shut my mouth? Every time I talk to you about CoD you are ALWAYS making fun of it and saying how horrible the game is. I recall two times that you told me you don't play the game anymore because the Battlefield series is better. This is the first time you've ever told me that you've played it and I've asked at least once if you have. I don't appreciate being talked to that way...It's unnecessary, Dray.

I don't think anyone is comparing Starcraft II to MW3 here. I never said it was the most highly anticipated, it's just one of the games that are.
Aragorn
Aragorn
Grand Master of the Jedi Order

+Light/-Dark : -79

Experience Points : 12046
Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:01 pm

Aragorn wrote: As for the highly anticipated part, I would agree.

Yes you did.

And as for the CoD thing, thats cause you play it, hence i make fun of it to get on your nerves. I do the same to Muigi and Deus Ex Human Revolution, even thou i think the game is amazing. I never said i didnt play CoD anymore, i said id rather play Battlefield, wich i do when given the choice. Most of my complaints to CoD is because of its undeserved merit basically.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by soran Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:20 pm

Aardvark wrote:"Most highly anticipated game in history"?

CoD MW3 Redemption :o - Page 4 You_keep_using_that_word

yeah, if only every other shooting and racing game didnt say that, that word would actually have purpose O_o
soran
soran

+Light/-Dark : 19

Experience Points : 12043

Back to top Go down

Post by Ðaaaaa Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:43 am

Talkin'boutFreedom wrote:Battlefield series is good (excluding the Bad Companys), last decent CoD was MW2. CoD2/CoD4 > MW2> Hello Kitty Adventures Online > All other CoDs. Think that wraps up this entire convo

In my opinion, bad company 1 campaign was pretty good. It was interesting and funny. THey ruined it in bad company 2 by trying to make it serious.
Ðaaaaa
Ðaaaaa

+Light/-Dark : 15

Experience Points : 6148

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:53 am

Dray The Fingerless wrote:
Aragorn wrote: As for the highly anticipated part, I would agree.

Yes you did.

And as for the CoD thing, thats cause you play it, hence i make fun of it to get on your nerves. I do the same to Muigi and Deus Ex Human Revolution, even thou i think the game is amazing. I never said i didnt play CoD anymore, i said id rather play Battlefield, wich i do when given the choice. Most of my complaints to CoD is because of its undeserved merit basically.

No I didn't. I said it was highly anticipated, I never said it was THE most highly anticipated like everyone else is saying. It is a highly anticipated game, but to claim its THE most highly anticipated game is a bit out there.

Well, then tell me you play it because based off of everything you've told me and how you talk about the game, it doesn't sound like a person who plays it. My apologies for that.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:58 am

Anticipate tends to imply seriously looking forward to something to be WAITING for it intensively. Mass Effect 3 is highly anticipated. I wouldn't call MW3 highly anticipated, people aren't waiting with anxiety. They expect it, if it comes out good, if it gets delayed 4 months I doubt many people will be actually angry over it, the hardcore fans sure but the majority of CoD and Battlefield fans are casual gamers.

Anyway, since I have played both I'll spark a flame war for the hell of it. CoD has lost any respect I once had for it. I remember playing CoD 2 and fuck it was hard: no regenerating health, realistic damage and splash damage radius, & AI that actively tried to outflank you. Then I downloaded and played the Demos for both MW2 and Black Ops and I find: regenerating health(and fucking fast regeneration), unrealistic damage(I think I took 8 body shots and still lived), & very very stupid AI. Whereas Battlefield seems to have started making their games more realistic, but still easy enough to play. When I played Bad Company it was a pleasant surprise to see that guns actually fired the way they were supposed to, i.e. an assault rifle was actually good for over 100 feet, that if the AI had a tank/armor vehicle and you didn't have your own or heavy explosives you were fucked, that if you were too close to an explosion you actually died, & that your vehicle operation was important you weren't any more powerful or durable in one than your AI was. And that was on Easy. In fact the only thing from making it completely realistic was the fact that you had a first aid thing that never ran out and you could repair any vehicle with a single hand-held power tool. So if I had to say which is the better FPS, and I mean First Person Shooter not most fun to play, then the better FPS is Battlefield. As for which is more fun to play, that depends on what you want. If you want realism than Battlefield, if you want to feel like an invincible badass than CoD.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27007
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:08 pm

no one feels invincible in CoD. usually a life lasts about 15-20 seconds, til you get killed. its based around a quickdeath, quick respawn mode. youre supposed to go out and kamikaze. of course you cna play smart and last longer, but the gameplay i super fast, and you get 10 kills very very quickly, but you also die very quickly.

battlefield has that to an extent, where as if you wanna suppress the enemy and kill them a lot yes you play lke that, but if you wanna take objectives and all, you really have to maintain yourself alive.

also aard, that thing about a rifle being accurate over 100 meters. i am so sick of hearing people say this. a rifle is accurate over 100 feet, when its shot in a controlled area, stationary, and silent. in a war battle, you dont get kills over 100 meters. not in afucking lifetime. furthermore, guns in cod have no accuracy issues. if youre aiming at it, no matter the weapon, youre gonna hit it. period. unless you spray all over.
thats always been a problem in battlefield, they actually make it TOO easy to snipe someone wiht any weapon. fuck i have sniped people, over 80 meters with a fucking pistol. you cant do that in real life. you just cant. sure a sniper will kill you more easly from 80 meters than a pistol, but the fact that i regularly achieve this with a assault rifle is wrong. if i am a sniper, a guy with an assault rifle should have to crouch, stay still and shoot one bullet at a time to be able to touch me. fortunately, bad company 2 fixed a big part of this, but came with the fact that snipers were bit overpowered on normal damage difficulty. not much thou.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:03 pm

Agreed with Dray here. The physics in MW2 are just terrible because there's no realism at all. I get sniped by an assault rifle all the time. The ONLY thing that really doesn't do that is the shot gun. There are times when I shoot from far away for a shotgun and it doesn't hit but there are also times were I shoot someone point blank range and they live so...There are days where I regret spending the 30 bucks for it.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:27 pm

Yes that's why I like Bad Company the Assault Rifles would diverge unless you sighted them at which point they actually had range. But I've played soooo many games where no matter the circumstances if you had an assault rifle you were lucky if it was accurate at 50 feet even when sighted. And Dray I said 100 feet, not 100 meters, big difference.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:42 pm

well im sorry i dont speak in your archaic measurements.:/

30 meters is pretty standard aard. i know no game nowadays who cnat firean assault rifle at 30 meters.(30 m = 100 ft.)
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:47 pm

I can. One of the biggest offenders was the Halo series.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:09 pm

woah woah hey, uh, lets not talk about my halo here :|
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

+Light/-Dark : -47

Experience Points : 12441
Comments : "You were trusted to lead the Republic but you were decieved, as our powers over the Darkside had blinded you.

You assumed no force could challenge you and now...finally, we have returned." - Darth Malgus

Im active on XFIRE, my username is bojack2424
Im also active on STEAM, my username is solja2424

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Aardvark wrote:I can. One of the biggest offenders was the Halo series.

Battle Rifle much?
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:23 pm

i dunno. some of the best physics, as far as ballistics goes, is the delta force series. I also enjoy AA3. I bought MW2 when Ara did and i enjoy it but if i ever go back to DF-BHD, DF-JOE or AA3, i will have an issue figuring out the ballistics again.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15853
Comments : CoD MW3 Redemption :o - Page 4 Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:06 am

Yeah I did end up using the Battle Rifle a lot, but I shouldn't have had to, the assault rifle barely had a 30 foot range for accuracy. But my point was CoD used to be the place to go for brutally honest shooting and you would die a LOT, now(and I refer to SP only since I never payed for XBL Gold) you can run through the level with complete abandon and win. Battlefield has become the much more realistic game and it still has plenty of unrealistic properties. I used to respect CoD for it's brutal gameplay(didn't say like I've never been a fan of either game but I still respected CoD for what it did), but I've lost any respect I once had for them since MW2 when the game suddenly got really really easy.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:43 am

it got easy after Cod 4..... the HUD change was bad idea....
Nomad
Nomad
Senator - Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : -37

Experience Points : 12642

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4