Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

+9
Aragorn
haize
CaptainSpanish
Aardvark
Dr. Patient
Aureus
Red-X
Dray The Fingerless
Sqrl
13 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack? - Page 2 Empty Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Ptolemy wrote:
Dray The Fingerless wrote:

Compromise means that the data servers were vulnerable, but those were no evidence of access. There was hacking to permit certain PS3s to come back online due to that auto shut down i said before. Then, the people at Sony realized that this hacking, wich was being developed FOR this reason exclusively, actualy allowed the user data to be accessed as well. That is to say, that it was possible in the span of the week that this happened, to access user data servers thru this hack, but its very unlikely, since none of the parties involved in it were even looking for that. I am not saying it was not vulnerable, but its just a slim odd that someone had first the idea, then the time and resources to actually think to do it in the week that this happened. T

There is no evidence that user data was hacked into. Rather, that it was left opened for an amount of time. And hopefully, and most likely, unnoticed as well.

I am not excusing this event, this comes from a very naive development clearly, you should always make sure user data is unnaccessible thru these means. They trusted on the alienage of the PSN too much. I am just saying, the news like to overreact and Sony likes to overwarn its customers rather than being accused of being reckless.

Oh and, consoles suck. Making me play subpar graphics and physics.

yes dray you are right OF COURSE YOU ARE RIGHT why would i EVER argue with you dray you are so much WISER and Knowledgeable than i am in my 20+ years in the IT industry and 40+ years just being on the friggin planet. I am so very sorry Dray i will try not to argue with you again dray please dray forgive me i pray you....

i fail to see how your age makes you better than me. Or how your IT knowledge makes my argument less qualified than yours. Im going by what Sony employees working on the PSN said, as well as a pool of collected knowledge from the company and the hacks being used. Never did i say there was no hacking, rather that there is no proof and small possiblity that user datas were obtained. AKA, that the user data was hacked.

also, sniveling like that is a sin i think. god will smite you old man, be careful.(oh yes, i can strike low blows too Razz)
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26918
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:13 pm

PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack? - Page 2 349920
Sqrl
Sqrl

+Light/-Dark : -674

Experience Points : 13327
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by soran Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:20 pm

not to get in this lil showdown, but dray you do seem to think your always right. k continue PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack? - Page 2 349920
soran
soran

+Light/-Dark : 19

Experience Points : 12022

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:24 pm

i am right till i am pointed wrong. wich i have been. wich is when i shut up and accept defeat.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Ptolemy wrote:

Compromise means that the data servers were vulnerable, but those were no evidence of access. There was hacking to permit certain PS3s to come back online due to that auto shut down i said before. Then, the people at Sony realized that this hacking, wich was being developed FOR this reason exclusively, actualy allowed the user data to be accessed as well. That is to say, that it was possible in the span of the week that this happened, to access user data servers thru this hack, but its very unlikely, since none of the parties involved in it were even looking for that. I am not saying it was not vulnerable, but its just a slim odd that someone had first the idea, then the time and resources to actually think to do it in the week that this happened. T

There is no evidence that user data was hacked into. Rather, that it was left opened for an amount of time. And hopefully, and most likely, unnoticed as well.

I am not excusing this event, this comes from a very naive development clearly, you should always make sure user data is unnaccessible thru these means. They trusted on the alienage of the PSN too much. I am just saying, the news like to overreact and Sony likes to overwarn its customers rather than being accused of being reckless.

Oh and, consoles suck. Making me play subpar graphics and physics.

yes dray you are right OF COURSE YOU ARE RIGHT why would i EVER argue with you dray you are so much WISER and Knowledgeable than i am in my 20+ years in the IT industry and 40+ years just being on the friggin planet. I am so very sorry Dray i will try not to argue with you again dray please dray forgive me i pray you....

i fail to see how your age makes you better than me. Or how your IT knowledge makes my argument less qualified than yours. Im going by what Sony employees working on the PSN said, as well as a pool of collected knowledge from the company and the hacks being used. Never did i say there was no hacking, rather that there is no proof and small possiblity that user datas were obtained. AKA, that the user data was hacked.

also, sniveling like that is a sin i think. god will smite you old man, be careful.(oh yes, i can strike low blows too Razz)

Better than you? no.

More practical knowledge? i would say that's a yes.

Dray The Fingerless wrote:Uhm, you clearly dont read your news well Aard. There have been no people to step up to admit it for various reasons.

1. It wasnt hacked for sure. Tell me where it says it was hacked. The PSN was brought down by SONY to PREVENT hacking of a system that was with a security critical flaw. Sony made a disclaimer to customers because they FOUND this flaw and shut it down, but they have not yet found any evidence that this flaw was used in the week span that it was available. It is a possibility, albeit small, that the servers were infact, breached by foreign hackers.

you said provide proof it was hacked i thick it says that PSN was hacked in those articles i provided. Was personal info and CC info stolen? there is inconclusive proof but there always is doubt when this happens as to how much info they got.

UTV Techtree wrote:The PlayStation Network has been down since last Wednesday, eerily close to Anonymous' recent open threat to Sony. After waiting almost a week for the online service to resume, Sony finally issued a statement on through a blog post officially announcing that the PSN and Qriocity, its on-demand digital music service have been affected by a security breach.

Breach = accessed illegally = hacked

Late breaking news! Sony: PSN Users' Personal Information Obtained By "Unauthorized Person"
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15832
Comments : PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack? - Page 2 Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:39 pm

well i was referring to user data being hacked, but sure, youre correct on my own wording.

also, that last one just said the same thing the others did. no late news there.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by soran Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:42 pm

oh god dray, please just be quiet >.< you might be right, but you can still be right without sounding like a doucher, no offense.
soran
soran

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:45 pm

no i cant, youre just intent on seeing me as such. its fine really, i like annoying you. and the old man.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by soran Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:46 pm

lolz, what a great way to show your maturity dray. who made you senator again? Very Happy
soran
soran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:48 pm

soran wrote:lolz, what a great way to show your maturity dray. who made you senator again? Very Happy

So uhhh yeah i love hypocrisy. Just saying. =o

So the question comes back and says: Soran why aren't you senator?

=o
Sqrl
Sqrl

Back to top Go down

Post by soran Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:49 pm

no,n to hypocrisy. i admit im immature alot of times. but isnt being senator, supposed to be a role of maturity?
soran
soran

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:49 pm

I think ur all fuckin retarded

The PSN is a lie
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16897
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by soran Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Aureus wrote:I think ur all fuckin retarded

The PSN is a lie

lolz
soran
soran

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:50 pm

soran wrote:no,n to hypocrisy. i admit im immature alot of times. but isnt being senator, supposed to be a role of maturity?

wich is why i am one, and youre not. and no, i dont have to be diplomatic towards you. i am not Rep anymore. i tell you the fucking truth and you like it or not. I am here to represent you and do whats best for people in the clan, but not to coddle or forgive your faults.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:51 pm

The PSN is a lie

All hail Steam.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by soran Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:51 pm

soran wrote:no,n to hypocrisy. i admit im immature alot of times. but isnt being senator, supposed to be a role of maturity?

wich is why i am one

surprisingly.
soran
soran

Back to top Go down

Post by haize Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:52 pm

The PSN is a lie

couldn't have put it better myself (:
haize
haize
Masters Council

Experience Points : 12322

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:53 pm

and youre not.

unsurprisingly.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Annoyed? no i do not mind being challenged for my beliefs or what i know. What annoys is when the proof is there and it does not stop.

That gets a bit annoying.

Hagred wrote:I should not have told you that... I should not have told you that...
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by soran Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 pm

and youre not.

unsurprisingly.

obviously, since i never said i wanted to be a senator in the first place >.< you seem to think everyone cares about what you say :/ ah well, ima end this lil bitch fight here, since it isnt gonna go anywhere
soran
soran

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:57 pm

Ptolemy wrote:Annoyed? no i do not mind being challenged for my beliefs or what i know. What annoys is when the proof is there and it does not stop.

That gets a bit annoying.

Hagred wrote:I should not have told you that... I should not have told you that...

oh i annoy you, i know i do Razz.

also, i only do low blows when i am answered with such. your IT knowledge has NOTHING to do with this. a child can read the info about this event and know as much as i or you do about it. pulling undermining to my person instead of my arguments serves nothing, unlike what you did on your next phrasing. yes i said hacking, i am wrong, it was hacked, clearly i did not put my words to the best and i am sorry. but i could not care how old you are or what your line of work is unless its working for Sony.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Uh oh my thread-lock senses are tingling.
Sqrl
Sqrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:00 pm

well see to fulfill the language you used, the proof was there and you argued anyway... as i said that is a bit annoying thus the sniviling.

Very Happy
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:01 pm

soran wrote:

and youre not.

unsurprisingly.

obviously, since i never said i wanted to be a senator in the first place >.< you seem to think everyone cares about what you say :/ ah well, ima end this lil bitch fight here, since it isnt gonna go anywhere

if you know not maturity, do not speak as if you can distinguish it in me. i dont need to give you arguments as to what i am capable of, my actions and the trust people put in me is enough for that. i simply am in a mood to talk today, and i like ending lil bitch fights with the lil bitch running off and shutting up. i do hope people care very little about what i say, since half of it is bullshit.

also, you dated with a guy online, your argument is invalid. Razz
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by soran Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:04 pm

soran wrote:

and youre not.

unsurprisingly.

if you know not maturity, do not speak as if you can distinguish it in me. i dont need to give you arguments as to what i am capable of, my actions and the trust people put in me is enough for that. i simply am in a mood to talk today, and i like ending lil bitch fights with the lil bitch running off and shutting up. i do hope people care very little about what i say, since half of it is bullshit.

also, you dated with a guy online, your argument is invalid. Razz

ah arrogance and immaturity. another trait that shows the incapability to be in a political position.
soran
soran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum