PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Dray The Fingerless on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Ptolemy wrote:
Dray The Fingerless wrote:
Ptolemy wrote:http://www.techtree.com/India/News/PSN_Hacked_Credit_Card_Data_may_be_Compromised/551-115140-585.html

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/712097/psn-down-due-to-external-intrusion-says-sony/index.html

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/psn-outage-sony-confirms-personal-data-compromise-948108

How many more do you want Dray?

Compromise means that the data servers were vulnerable, but those were no evidence of access. There was hacking to permit certain PS3s to come back online due to that auto shut down i said before. Then, the people at Sony realized that this hacking, wich was being developed FOR this reason exclusively, actualy allowed the user data to be accessed as well. That is to say, that it was possible in the span of the week that this happened, to access user data servers thru this hack, but its very unlikely, since none of the parties involved in it were even looking for that. I am not saying it was not vulnerable, but its just a slim odd that someone had first the idea, then the time and resources to actually think to do it in the week that this happened. T

There is no evidence that user data was hacked into. Rather, that it was left opened for an amount of time. And hopefully, and most likely, unnoticed as well.

I am not excusing this event, this comes from a very naive development clearly, you should always make sure user data is unnaccessible thru these means. They trusted on the alienage of the PSN too much. I am just saying, the news like to overreact and Sony likes to overwarn its customers rather than being accused of being reckless.


Oh and, consoles suck. Making me play subpar graphics and physics.

yes dray you are right OF COURSE YOU ARE RIGHT why would i EVER argue with you dray you are so much WISER and Knowledgeable than i am in my 20+ years in the IT industry and 40+ years just being on the friggin planet. I am so very sorry Dray i will try not to argue with you again dray please dray forgive me i pray you....

i fail to see how your age makes you better than me. Or how your IT knowledge makes my argument less qualified than yours. Im going by what Sony employees working on the PSN said, as well as a pool of collected knowledge from the company and the hacks being used. Never did i say there was no hacking, rather that there is no proof and small possiblity that user datas were obtained. AKA, that the user data was hacked.

also, sniveling like that is a sin i think. god will smite you old man, be careful.(oh yes, i can strike low blows too Razz)

_________________

"Life and power should be logarithmic"

avatar
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Join date : 2009-10-21
+Light/-Dark : 265
Posts : 10355

Experience Points : 24474
Location : your FACE is a location.
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Sqrl on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:13 pm


_________________






Aardvark wrote:
Gave me a boner, but then again my penis doesn't discriminate between real and fake tittys.


Max Rambone wrote:
Play with honor, admin with honor, speak with honor.
avatar
Sqrl

Join date : 2009-10-21
+Light/-Dark : -674
Posts : 4462

Experience Points : 10800
Location : A Location Somewhere In Pennsylvania.
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by soran on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:20 pm

not to get in this lil showdown, but dray you do seem to think your always right. k continue

_________________






R.I.P mia <3 05/05/10
avatar
soran

Join date : 2010-01-20
+Light/-Dark : 18
Posts : 3740

Experience Points : 9576
Location : owning cog every time he speaks

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Dray The Fingerless on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:24 pm

i am right till i am pointed wrong. wich i have been. wich is when i shut up and accept defeat.

_________________

"Life and power should be logarithmic"

avatar
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Join date : 2009-10-21
+Light/-Dark : 265
Posts : 10355

Experience Points : 24474
Location : your FACE is a location.
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Ptolemy on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:
Ptolemy wrote:
Dray The Fingerless wrote:
Ptolemy wrote:http://www.techtree.com/India/News/PSN_Hacked_Credit_Card_Data_may_be_Compromised/551-115140-585.html

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/712097/psn-down-due-to-external-intrusion-says-sony/index.html

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/psn-outage-sony-confirms-personal-data-compromise-948108

How many more do you want Dray?

Compromise means that the data servers were vulnerable, but those were no evidence of access. There was hacking to permit certain PS3s to come back online due to that auto shut down i said before. Then, the people at Sony realized that this hacking, wich was being developed FOR this reason exclusively, actualy allowed the user data to be accessed as well. That is to say, that it was possible in the span of the week that this happened, to access user data servers thru this hack, but its very unlikely, since none of the parties involved in it were even looking for that. I am not saying it was not vulnerable, but its just a slim odd that someone had first the idea, then the time and resources to actually think to do it in the week that this happened. T

There is no evidence that user data was hacked into. Rather, that it was left opened for an amount of time. And hopefully, and most likely, unnoticed as well.

I am not excusing this event, this comes from a very naive development clearly, you should always make sure user data is unnaccessible thru these means. They trusted on the alienage of the PSN too much. I am just saying, the news like to overreact and Sony likes to overwarn its customers rather than being accused of being reckless.


Oh and, consoles suck. Making me play subpar graphics and physics.

yes dray you are right OF COURSE YOU ARE RIGHT why would i EVER argue with you dray you are so much WISER and Knowledgeable than i am in my 20+ years in the IT industry and 40+ years just being on the friggin planet. I am so very sorry Dray i will try not to argue with you again dray please dray forgive me i pray you....

i fail to see how your age makes you better than me. Or how your IT knowledge makes my argument less qualified than yours. Im going by what Sony employees working on the PSN said, as well as a pool of collected knowledge from the company and the hacks being used. Never did i say there was no hacking, rather that there is no proof and small possiblity that user datas were obtained. AKA, that the user data was hacked.

also, sniveling like that is a sin i think. god will smite you old man, be careful.(oh yes, i can strike low blows too Razz)

Better than you? no.

More practical knowledge? i would say that's a yes.

Dray The Fingerless wrote:Uhm, you clearly dont read your news well Aard. There have been no people to step up to admit it for various reasons.

1. It wasnt hacked for sure. Tell me where it says it was hacked. The PSN was brought down by SONY to PREVENT hacking of a system that was with a security critical flaw. Sony made a disclaimer to customers because they FOUND this flaw and shut it down, but they have not yet found any evidence that this flaw was used in the week span that it was available. It is a possibility, albeit small, that the servers were infact, breached by foreign hackers.

you said provide proof it was hacked i thick it says that PSN was hacked in those articles i provided. Was personal info and CC info stolen? there is inconclusive proof but there always is doubt when this happens as to how much info they got.

UTV Techtree wrote:The PlayStation Network has been down since last Wednesday, eerily close to Anonymous' recent open threat to Sony. After waiting almost a week for the online service to resume, Sony finally issued a statement on through a blog post officially announcing that the PSN and Qriocity, its on-demand digital music service have been affected by a security breach.

Breach = accessed illegally = hacked

Late breaking news! Sony: PSN Users' Personal Information Obtained By "Unauthorized Person"

_________________

Life is hard... Its even harder when you are stupid...
John Wayne








avatar
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

Join date : 2009-10-22
+Light/-Dark : 95
Posts : 4647

Experience Points : 13386
Location : MN
Comments :

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Dray The Fingerless on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:39 pm

well i was referring to user data being hacked, but sure, youre correct on my own wording.

also, that last one just said the same thing the others did. no late news there.

_________________

"Life and power should be logarithmic"

avatar
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Join date : 2009-10-21
+Light/-Dark : 265
Posts : 10355

Experience Points : 24474
Location : your FACE is a location.
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by soran on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:42 pm

oh god dray, please just be quiet >.< you might be right, but you can still be right without sounding like a doucher, no offense.

_________________






R.I.P mia <3 05/05/10
avatar
soran

Join date : 2010-01-20
+Light/-Dark : 18
Posts : 3740

Experience Points : 9576
Location : owning cog every time he speaks

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Dray The Fingerless on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:45 pm

no i cant, youre just intent on seeing me as such. its fine really, i like annoying you. and the old man.

_________________

"Life and power should be logarithmic"

avatar
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Join date : 2009-10-21
+Light/-Dark : 265
Posts : 10355

Experience Points : 24474
Location : your FACE is a location.
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by soran on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:46 pm

lolz, what a great way to show your maturity dray. who made you senator again? Very Happy

_________________






R.I.P mia <3 05/05/10
avatar
soran

Join date : 2010-01-20
+Light/-Dark : 18
Posts : 3740

Experience Points : 9576
Location : owning cog every time he speaks

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Sqrl on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:48 pm

soran wrote:lolz, what a great way to show your maturity dray. who made you senator again? Very Happy

So uhhh yeah i love hypocrisy. Just saying. =o

So the question comes back and says: Soran why aren't you senator?




































=o

_________________






Aardvark wrote:
Gave me a boner, but then again my penis doesn't discriminate between real and fake tittys.


Max Rambone wrote:
Play with honor, admin with honor, speak with honor.
avatar
Sqrl

Join date : 2009-10-21
+Light/-Dark : -674
Posts : 4462

Experience Points : 10800
Location : A Location Somewhere In Pennsylvania.
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by soran on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:49 pm

no,n to hypocrisy. i admit im immature alot of times. but isnt being senator, supposed to be a role of maturity?

_________________






R.I.P mia <3 05/05/10
avatar
soran

Join date : 2010-01-20
+Light/-Dark : 18
Posts : 3740

Experience Points : 9576
Location : owning cog every time he speaks

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Aureus on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:49 pm

I think ur all fuckin retarded








The PSN is a lie

_________________
“Beware the barrenness of a busy life.”
~ Socrates





avatar
Aureus
Dark Council

Join date : 2010-01-22
+Light/-Dark : 34
Posts : 6805

Experience Points : 14453
Location : Eating a Dead Mau5
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by soran on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Aureus wrote:I think ur all fuckin retarded








The PSN is a lie

lolz

_________________






R.I.P mia <3 05/05/10
avatar
soran

Join date : 2010-01-20
+Light/-Dark : 18
Posts : 3740

Experience Points : 9576
Location : owning cog every time he speaks

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Dray The Fingerless on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:50 pm

soran wrote:no,n to hypocrisy. i admit im immature alot of times. but isnt being senator, supposed to be a role of maturity?

wich is why i am one, and youre not. and no, i dont have to be diplomatic towards you. i am not Rep anymore. i tell you the fucking truth and you like it or not. I am here to represent you and do whats best for people in the clan, but not to coddle or forgive your faults.

_________________

"Life and power should be logarithmic"

avatar
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Join date : 2009-10-21
+Light/-Dark : 265
Posts : 10355

Experience Points : 24474
Location : your FACE is a location.
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Dray The Fingerless on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Aureus wrote:I think ur all fuckin retarded








The PSN is a lie

All hail Steam.

_________________

"Life and power should be logarithmic"

avatar
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Join date : 2009-10-21
+Light/-Dark : 265
Posts : 10355

Experience Points : 24474
Location : your FACE is a location.
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by soran on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:
soran wrote:no,n to hypocrisy. i admit im immature alot of times. but isnt being senator, supposed to be a role of maturity?

wich is why i am one

surprisingly.

_________________






R.I.P mia <3 05/05/10
avatar
soran

Join date : 2010-01-20
+Light/-Dark : 18
Posts : 3740

Experience Points : 9576
Location : owning cog every time he speaks

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by haize on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Aureus wrote:I think ur all fuckin retarded








The PSN is a lie

couldn't have put it better myself (:

_________________
- Fuck it !

avatar
haize
Masters Council

Join date : 2009-10-23
+Light/-Dark : 19
Posts : 1939

Experience Points : 9878
Location : New Jersey ( its nothing like Jersey Shore)

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Dray The Fingerless on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:53 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:
soran wrote:no,n to hypocrisy. i admit im immature alot of times. but isnt being senator, supposed to be a role of maturity?

and youre not.

unsurprisingly.

_________________

"Life and power should be logarithmic"

avatar
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Join date : 2009-10-21
+Light/-Dark : 265
Posts : 10355

Experience Points : 24474
Location : your FACE is a location.
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Ptolemy on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Annoyed? no i do not mind being challenged for my beliefs or what i know. What annoys is when the proof is there and it does not stop.

That gets a bit annoying.

Hagred wrote:I should not have told you that... I should not have told you that...

_________________

Life is hard... Its even harder when you are stupid...
John Wayne








avatar
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

Join date : 2009-10-22
+Light/-Dark : 95
Posts : 4647

Experience Points : 13386
Location : MN
Comments :

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by soran on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:
Dray The Fingerless wrote:
soran wrote:no,n to hypocrisy. i admit im immature alot of times. but isnt being senator, supposed to be a role of maturity?

and youre not.

unsurprisingly.

obviously, since i never said i wanted to be a senator in the first place >.< you seem to think everyone cares about what you say :/ ah well, ima end this lil bitch fight here, since it isnt gonna go anywhere

_________________






R.I.P mia <3 05/05/10
avatar
soran

Join date : 2010-01-20
+Light/-Dark : 18
Posts : 3740

Experience Points : 9576
Location : owning cog every time he speaks

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Dray The Fingerless on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:57 pm

Ptolemy wrote:Annoyed? no i do not mind being challenged for my beliefs or what i know. What annoys is when the proof is there and it does not stop.

That gets a bit annoying.

Hagred wrote:I should not have told you that... I should not have told you that...

oh i annoy you, i know i do Razz.

also, i only do low blows when i am answered with such. your IT knowledge has NOTHING to do with this. a child can read the info about this event and know as much as i or you do about it. pulling undermining to my person instead of my arguments serves nothing, unlike what you did on your next phrasing. yes i said hacking, i am wrong, it was hacked, clearly i did not put my words to the best and i am sorry. but i could not care how old you are or what your line of work is unless its working for Sony.

_________________

"Life and power should be logarithmic"

avatar
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Join date : 2009-10-21
+Light/-Dark : 265
Posts : 10355

Experience Points : 24474
Location : your FACE is a location.
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Sqrl on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Uh oh my thread-lock senses are tingling.

_________________






Aardvark wrote:
Gave me a boner, but then again my penis doesn't discriminate between real and fake tittys.


Max Rambone wrote:
Play with honor, admin with honor, speak with honor.
avatar
Sqrl

Join date : 2009-10-21
+Light/-Dark : -674
Posts : 4462

Experience Points : 10800
Location : A Location Somewhere In Pennsylvania.
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Ptolemy on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:00 pm

well see to fulfill the language you used, the proof was there and you argued anyway... as i said that is a bit annoying thus the sniviling.

Very Happy

_________________

Life is hard... Its even harder when you are stupid...
John Wayne








avatar
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

Join date : 2009-10-22
+Light/-Dark : 95
Posts : 4647

Experience Points : 13386
Location : MN
Comments :

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Dray The Fingerless on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:01 pm

soran wrote:
Dray The Fingerless wrote:
Dray The Fingerless wrote:
soran wrote:no,n to hypocrisy. i admit im immature alot of times. but isnt being senator, supposed to be a role of maturity?

and youre not.

unsurprisingly.

obviously, since i never said i wanted to be a senator in the first place >.< you seem to think everyone cares about what you say :/ ah well, ima end this lil bitch fight here, since it isnt gonna go anywhere

if you know not maturity, do not speak as if you can distinguish it in me. i dont need to give you arguments as to what i am capable of, my actions and the trust people put in me is enough for that. i simply am in a mood to talk today, and i like ending lil bitch fights with the lil bitch running off and shutting up. i do hope people care very little about what i say, since half of it is bullshit.

also, you dated with a guy online, your argument is invalid. Razz

_________________

"Life and power should be logarithmic"

avatar
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Join date : 2009-10-21
+Light/-Dark : 265
Posts : 10355

Experience Points : 24474
Location : your FACE is a location.
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by soran on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:
soran wrote:
Dray The Fingerless wrote:
Dray The Fingerless wrote:
soran wrote:no,n to hypocrisy. i admit im immature alot of times. but isnt being senator, supposed to be a role of maturity?

and youre not.

unsurprisingly.

obviously, since i never said i wanted to be a senator in the first place >.< you seem to think everyone cares about what you say :/ ah well, ima end this lil bitch fight here, since it isnt gonna go anywhere

if you know not maturity, do not speak as if you can distinguish it in me. i dont need to give you arguments as to what i am capable of, my actions and the trust people put in me is enough for that. i simply am in a mood to talk today, and i like ending lil bitch fights with the lil bitch running off and shutting up. i do hope people care very little about what i say, since half of it is bullshit.

also, you dated with a guy online, your argument is invalid. Razz

ah arrogance and immaturity. another trait that shows the incapability to be in a political position.

_________________






R.I.P mia <3 05/05/10
avatar
soran

Join date : 2010-01-20
+Light/-Dark : 18
Posts : 3740

Experience Points : 9576
Location : owning cog every time he speaks

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Is Down.. Possible Hack?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum