Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legendary Members Act - Revised - Passed

+17
haize
BgFighter/Ghost
tRibaL
SouLCasT
Champion
muigi
Aureus
Aragorn
Disturbed
CaptainSpanish
Thing
Dray The Fingerless
Ptolemy
dandaman7
Chaos
Deadly Assassin
Aardvark
21 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Legendary Members Act - Revised - Passed - Page 2 Empty Re: Legendary Members Act - Revised - Passed

Post by Aardvark Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:58 pm

It was 1-3, Champ didn't actually vote in it.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 26985
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Legendary Members Act - Revised - Passed - Page 2 Empty Re: Legendary Members Act - Revised - Passed

Post by Champion Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Aardvark wrote:Technically the Senate can still try to revise it, but it failed the way it is because if someone fits this then they have to be both good and retired, as well as being a nice overall person. If you retire on Good Terms with JG, then you come back with JG, so in that it's completely redundant. And if someone is extremely talented then people remember him. I still find people saying, "You remember Ares, he was the best!" Found people who did the same when talking about Moo.

I dont see how that is redundant. If you retire you cannot be a member of the council. Where is the redundancy? So basically, once someone stops playing but wishes to continue contributing to the clan they just have to prepare themselves for being demoted. Yeah, redundancy.

SouLCasT wrote:You know, Champ, people mention you quite often, especially for the skill u had..

I've heard it uncountable times. I don't compare anyone to myself/another person, so I don't mention any names at all, but still, I hear about you and the jvs members I didn't get to know, since I joined jvs later on..

So all this fuss about ur JG rank is pointless...Anyone who saw you play knows that you're over that rank.

Oh and since I know I'm gonna get accused for sucking up-NO, I have never sucked up anyone, neither I have reasons to.

Thank you. That was my original point. I know I can get on the game right now, without having played for over 1 year and kick the crap outta most people. I don't say this out of ego even though it derives from such, I say that because I know it to be true from the countless times I have already done it. I am not really going to debate this anymore. Just wanted people to know why things are happening.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17159
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:52 pm

Champion wrote:
Aardvark wrote:Technically the Senate can still try to revise it, but it failed the way it is because if someone fits this then they have to be both good and retired, as well as being a nice overall person. If you retire on Good Terms with JG, then you come back with JG, so in that it's completely redundant. And if someone is extremely talented then people remember him. I still find people saying, "You remember Ares, he was the best!" Found people who did the same when talking about Moo.

I dont see how that is redundant. If you retire you cannot be a member of the council. Where is the redundancy? So basically, once someone stops playing but wishes to continue contributing to the clan they just have to prepare themselves for being demoted. Yeah, redundancy.

This amendment to the charter is to ensure that older retired members.

That means you would have to retire from everything, the entire clan to even be considered. THAT'S what the wording of this Act provides for, and THAT is why it's redundant. If you meant something besides that then reword it to be more clear, if you meant to reword it to just mean someone not In-Game but still on forum then it needs to be reworded.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:56 pm

The legend act was to allow people to continue participating in forum, council or senate activities without having to play the actual game itself (what other person would be more devoted to a clan than one who takes part even though he does not play?). It allows one to participate without fearing being stripped of his rank because rank means a lot not only to others but to oneself.

I dont see why I have to prove anything if I already proved over many years what I am capable of. I think this clan is full of too much ego and mine doesnt fit here anymore. So why the FUCK should I continue supporting or paying for this shit when I do not fit in here anymore?
Champion
Champion
Founder

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Then reword it, as the Act was represented there it provided only for someone who was retired from all clan activities, not someone who simply doesn't come in-game anymore. I would be more open to something like you're describing now, I've been there myself with no in-game time.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:02 pm

Aardvark wrote:Then reword it, as the Act was represented there it provided only for someone who was retired from all clan activities, not someone who simply doesn't come in-game anymore. I would be more open to something like you're describing now, I've been there myself with no in-game time.

Would you please care to point out where in the entire act I wrote up, that was shot down, the offending text? I don't think that was the issue. I think the issue was "fuck champion that asshole is never around so why should we concede anything to him". In fact, ive never seen ANY vote in the council shot down so hard especially when ti was FULLY approved by the senate. The voting was clearly done with personal reasons in heart and mind.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:06 pm

It was never specified that the person in question would still be in the clan.... I've said that 3 or 4 times now. The wording just says "retired" which, without specific context to point out that they are still IN the clan, means they are filed under Bad, Normal, or Good Terms and are listed in the Hall of #.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:13 pm

So, something which obviously meant a lot to me when I wrote it, no one even fucking bothered to point that out when voting or altering the wording so it would be passed? Like I said in the Alliance council, it just shows what you council members think of me.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:16 pm

This isn't a personal reflection on their opinion of you, Champ. Every single person in this clan respects you whether through what they've heard or through knowing you for X amount of years. It's hard to believe that Aard, Hero nor Span don't respect you as they have known you for awhile. Dray respects you as well even though he hasn't known you that long. It's absurd to think that... Why are you raging over this?
Aragorn
Aragorn
Grand Master of the Jedi Order

+Light/-Dark : -79

Experience Points : 12024
Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:18 pm

Aragorn wrote:This isn't a personal reflection on their opinion of you, Champ. Every single person in this clan respects you whether through what they've heard or through knowing you for X amount of years. It's hard to believe that Aard, Hero nor Span don't respect you as they have known you for awhile. Dray respects you as well even though he hasn't known you that long. It's absurd to think that... Why are you raging over this?

Quite the contrary. 9-1 pass in senate, 1-3 fail in council makes it pretty clear.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BgFighter/Ghost Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:20 pm

You have done ,and u keep doing ,enough for the clan and you got all the people's respect. So do mine. Dont rage over things that are fake. We all love ya ,Champ Very Happy
BgFighter/Ghost
BgFighter/Ghost

+Light/-Dark : -1022

Experience Points : 9633

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:20 pm

if you had been there to argue your case that may have turned out differently. If it was that important why did you not stay and fight for it? I scrapped hard for it.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15831
Comments : Legendary Members Act - Revised - Passed - Page 2 Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:23 pm

Ptolemy wrote:if you had been there to argue your case that may have turned out differently. If it was that important why did you not stay and fight for it? I scrapped hard for it.

Because I do not feel I should have taken part in the discussion since it pertained primarily to me and not many others for at least the forseeable future. I wanted it to pass on its own merit, not on the weight of my charisma.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:28 pm

but you tend to fight for those things that are important. You cannot think that things will just happen because they should.

weight of your charisma be damned, if there was a flaw there was no one in the council that had the emotional investment to make the changes that would have been needed. there was no one on the council that this really mattered to. why would they bend over backwards to get it done? rejecting a piece of legislation does not mean the oppose the rule necessarily but maybe something in the wording. Hell Span may have changed his mind if the wording was a bit different.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15831
Comments : Legendary Members Act - Revised - Passed - Page 2 Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:31 pm

Champion wrote:
Aragorn wrote:This isn't a personal reflection on their opinion of you, Champ. Every single person in this clan respects you whether through what they've heard or through knowing you for X amount of years. It's hard to believe that Aard, Hero nor Span don't respect you as they have known you for awhile. Dray respects you as well even though he hasn't known you that long. It's absurd to think that... Why are you raging over this?

Quite the contrary. 9-1 pass in senate, 1-3 fail in council makes it pretty clear.

You're taking one thing that was shot down by the council that pertained to you and you are twisting it to make it seem like nobody in the Alliance Council likes you when you know the exact opposite. You let pride get in the way too much, champ. I have the upmost respect for you, what you've done for this clan and what you're still doing, but your pride gets in the way and clouds your judgment. This proves that.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:36 pm

Ptolemy wrote:but you tend to fight for those things that are important. You cannot think that things will just happen because they should.

weight of your charisma be damned, if there was a flaw there was no one in the council that had the emotional investment to make the changes that would have been needed. there was no one on the council that this really mattered to. why would they bend over backwards to get it done? rejecting a piece of legislation does not mean the oppose the rule necessarily but maybe something in the wording. Hell Span may have changed his mind if the wording was a bit different.

Why? BECAUSE I BEND OVER BACKWARDS FOR YEARS FOR THEM. Thats why. And I still do. I have been paying for the server almost a fuckign year now without even playing on it, and the cost has been MORE than TWO mmo games a month. 600 dollars. Imagine the vacation I could have taken for that money, instead of the heart ache this clan is now bringing me a year later.

Aragorn wrote:
Champion wrote:

You're taking one thing that was shot down by the council that pertained to you and you are twisting it to make it seem like nobody in the Alliance Council likes you when you know the exact opposite. You let pride get in the way too much, champ. I have the upmost respect for you, what you've done for this clan and what you're still doing, but your pride gets in the way and clouds your judgment. This proves that.

Im not buying it. Actions speak louder than words. People can say how much they care or love me or this and that and then when I need them the most they shit on me. That is what happened.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:39 pm

So because they shoot down one thing that you propose, ONE THING, they must not care or respect you? Thats flawed logic, Champ. Thats like saying people didn't vote for the President because they didn't care. That's not true. They may have not liked the choices given and could support neither candidate for some reason. Again, you're letting your pride cloud your judgment and make assumptions that are completely untrue. Ask Span, Aard, Hero and Dray they will tell you differently. I know Span respects you and he has done actions to prove that... You know what I mean by that. The point is, these people respect you and you're blowing this out of proportion.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Aragorn wrote:So because they shoot down one thing that you propose, ONE THING, they must not care or respect you? Thats flawed logic, Champ. Thats like saying people didn't vote for the President because they didn't care. That's not true. They may have not liked the choices given and could support neither candidate for some reason. Again, you're letting your pride cloud your judgment and make assumptions that are completely untrue. Ask Span, Aard, Hero and Dray they will tell you differently. I know Span respects you and he has done actions to prove that... You know what I mean by that. The point is, these people respect you and you're blowing this out of proportion.

I dont see how I am blowing this out of proportion. In the years I have served this clan and its members every vote, every rule and act and thing I have done has been with OTHERS interests in mind. The one time I ask for something for ME, from my "friends" its outright rejected. The game is obviously more important to these people than friendship. That is the EXACT thing I wanted to avoid when I formed this clan.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by haize Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:45 pm

A legendary member is immune to rank loss based on skill tests. He has proven himself beyond all dispute and the community has spoken. He may still be demoted based on poor conduct and is still expected to behave in the forums should he continue to interact with the clan in that way even though he no longer plays the game. Besides that there is no difference in ranks between a regular JG and a legendary JG, or a legendary SO and a regular SO.

that is the part i don't like it directly contradicts the new jedi ranking system that was just passed if your a legendary you should be put back to JM no matter what your rank it and then when you come back if you come back you can test for the specialist rank you were before you left if you were a specialist rank

at the rate we are going we keep making new acts and what not we are overwriting the charter and bypassing it.

@champ you have to admit your making this with you in mind even if it will be used in the future your main key is yourself in this one when the jedi ranks were being figured out you said many times you don't like it because you'll be pushed out of your JG rank because of it.... and then you come up with this i mean of course you will be granted legendary status you and ard created this clan... its only a rank man dont let pride get in the way of anything we all know you're good at this game so why does rank matter all that matters is that your in jvs right?

also i think this should be left up to the specific faction leaders and faction councils to decide whether or not someone can keep there rank after retiring or becoming inactive

- Haize
haize
haize
Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 19

Experience Points : 12321

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:49 pm

Champion wrote:I dont see how I am blowing this out of proportion. In the years I have served this clan and its members every vote, every rule and act and thing I have done has been with OTHERS interests in mind. The one time I ask for something for ME, from my "friends" its outright rejected. The game is obviously more important to these people than friendship. That is the EXACT thing I wanted to avoid when I formed this clan.

You're blowing this out of proportion because of the actions you are going to take because of everything that happens. If you worked for 10 years with a company and you did a fair amount, is it fair for you to get 10 million because of how much you did and be treated higher and better than everyone else? Thats not right. Thats not equality. While you have done things for this clan above and beyond what any of us can do, you still should be treated equal. We will remember you and your skills and your contributions to this clan. I don't a Legendary status to remind me of that.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:50 pm

haize wrote:A legendary member is immune to rank loss based on skill tests. He has proven himself beyond all dispute and the community has spoken. He may still be demoted based on poor conduct and is still expected to behave in the forums should he continue to interact with the clan in that way even though he no longer plays the game. Besides that there is no difference in ranks between a regular JG and a legendary JG, or a legendary SO and a regular SO.

that is the part i don't like it directly contradicts the new jedi ranking system that was just passed if your a legendary you should be put back to JM no matter what your rank it and then when you come back if you come back you can test for the specialist rank you were before you left if you were a specialist rank

at the rate we are going we keep making new acts and what not we are overwriting the charter and bypassing it.

@champ you have to admit your making this with you in mind even if it will be used in the future your main key is yourself in this one when the jedi ranks were being figured out you said many times you don't like it because you'll be pushed out of your JG rank because of it.... and then you come up with this i mean of course you will be granted legendary status you and ard created this clan... its only a rank man dont let pride get in the way of anything we all know you're good at this game so why does rank matter all that matters is that your in jvs right?

also i think this should be left up to the specific faction leaders and faction councils to decide whether or not someone can keep there rank after retiring or becoming inactive

- Haize

No Haize. Thats not all that matters. I find it DISGRACEFUL that Ares is listed as a JK simply because he didnt post a retirement letter.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:52 pm

Aragorn wrote:
Champion wrote:I dont see how I am blowing this out of proportion. In the years I have served this clan and its members every vote, every rule and act and thing I have done has been with OTHERS interests in mind. The one time I ask for something for ME, from my "friends" its outright rejected. The game is obviously more important to these people than friendship. That is the EXACT thing I wanted to avoid when I formed this clan.

You're blowing this out of proportion because of the actions you are going to take because of everything that happens. If you worked for 10 years with a company and you did a fair amount, is it fair for you to get 10 million because of how much you did and be treated higher and better than everyone else? Thats not right. Thats not equality. While you have done things for this clan above and beyond what any of us can do, you still should be treated equal. We will remember you and your skills and your contributions to this clan. I don't a Legendary status to remind me of that.

Are you fucking joking me? Was I asking for that much? Seriously I want to know HOW THIS WOULD HAVE NEGATIVELY AFFECTED ANYONE. You people are blowing somethign SIMPLE AND SMALL out of proportion because I am involved in it. Thats the gist of it all. Sad that in the end I will be leaving with my middle finger up instead of having a small and a handshake.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by haize Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:54 pm

Champion wrote:
haize wrote:A legendary member is immune to rank loss based on skill tests. He has proven himself beyond all dispute and the community has spoken. He may still be demoted based on poor conduct and is still expected to behave in the forums should he continue to interact with the clan in that way even though he no longer plays the game. Besides that there is no difference in ranks between a regular JG and a legendary JG, or a legendary SO and a regular SO.

- Haize

No Haize. Thats not all that matters. I find it DISGRACEFUL that Ares is listed as a JK simply because he didnt post a retirement letter.

if its just a game why does it matter so much? you said it yourself its just a game at the end of the day it doesn't matter even 1/2 as much as rl stuff... don't sweet the small stuff man and your rank in this clan is small compared to other things
haize
haize
Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 19

Experience Points : 12321

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:54 pm

Champion wrote:Are you fucking joking me? Was I asking for that much? Seriously I want to know HOW THIS WOULD HAVE NEGATIVELY AFFECTED ANYONE. You people are blowing somethign SIMPLE AND SMALL out of proportion because I am involved in it. Thats the gist of it all. Sad that in the end I will be leaving with my middle finger up instead of having a small and a handshake.

No. You weren't asking for much, you were just asking to retain a rank because you were inactive. It is simple and small but it wasn't blown out of proportion because you were involved. Its your choice to tell us "Screw you" just because your pride has been hurt. Don't take it out on us. Its not our fault your pride was hurt, Champ. You allow things to affect you the way they do. You allow feelings and emotions to take over. Not me, Aard, Span or anybody. Again, I mean no disrespect at all.

Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:04 am

haize wrote:
Champion wrote:

- Haize

if its just a game why does it matter so much? you said it yourself its just a game at the end of the day it doesn't matter even 1/2 as much as rl stuff... don't sweet the small stuff man and your rank in this clan is small compared to other things

Because the actions taken against me were personal. Then it ceases to become a game. Especially when I invested as much sweat and tears.

Aragorn wrote:
Champion wrote:Are you fucking joking me? Was I asking for that much? Seriously I want to know HOW THIS WOULD HAVE NEGATIVELY AFFECTED ANYONE. You people are blowing somethign SIMPLE AND SMALL out of proportion because I am involved in it. Thats the gist of it all. Sad that in the end I will be leaving with my middle finger up instead of having a small and a handshake.

No. You weren't asking for much, you were just asking to retain a rank because you were inactive. It is simple and small but it wasn't blown out of proportion because you were involved. Its your choice to tell us "Screw you" just because your pride has been hurt. Don't take it out on us. Its not our fault your pride was hurt, Champ. You allow things to affect you the way they do. You allow feelings and emotions to take over. Not me, Aard, Span or anybody. Again, I mean no disrespect at all.

Your psychobabble is bullshit. Seriously can it because now you are starting to offend me when you begin to lie about me to my face even if you truly believe it to be true. I find it funny you would even have the balls to say that to me when during every fucking emotional crisis this clan has had, who posted the logical, rational response? Who sorted things out? Oh. Thats right. The emotional shipwreck champion. Rolling Eyes

One day you will realize there is such a thing called "righteous anger". Im surprised you dont know it yet, since Jesus preached it.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next