Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clone Wars Writers

+13
Ptolemy
Aureus
Mia
Disturbed
The Zohan
Thing
Bulldog
Nihil
Sqrl
Jacen
Dray The Fingerless
Champion
Aardvark
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Clone Wars Writers Empty Clone Wars Writers

Post by Aardvark Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:58 pm

I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL THEM!!!

I know many fans don't even consider the Clone Wars animation worth watching, but it can be entertaining if you're bored out of your fucking mind, so I was willing to overlook some questionable material. Such as Anakin getting a Padawan, at this point in the Clone Wars he'd been a Knight for less then a year, most likely just a few months, and then he's assigned a Padawan. Do you know how fucking insane that is? Obi-Won is one of the very very few young Knights to be given a Padawan, and that was a special case brought about by a combination of the fact that Anakin was the Chosen One, and the fact that it was Qui-gon's dying wish. Even then the Council barely agreed and Yoda was adamantly against it the entire time. Now, in the Clone Wars, he completely approves of giving Anakin, a young, troubled Knight, a Padawan, and acts like it's nothing.

I was even willing to overlook how massively over-powered Asoka was. Her command of Telekinesis, and acrobatics is akin to a full Jedi Knight, and she COMES that way, she doesn't develop those powers she just has them. And for anyone familiar with Lightsaber styles, hers is an case of extreme fuck up. The only Lightsaber Forms that start with a back-handed form are Juyo, a completely Sith Form, and the dark version of Shien that used it to increase a Sith's ability to join his Force attacks with his blade, most traditionally Lightning.

Even against my better canon sense I was willing to accept the existence of a Star Dreadnaught(SSD, Eclipse, etc. Super ships basically) prior to the Super Star Destroyer. That huge ass ship in the Clone Wars, I can't remember it's name, was more powerful then the Executor, Vader's personal Super Star Destroyer.

But this last one pushed me over the edge. The recent episodes featuring "Mandalore" are just complete and utter bull shit. They go against every single Novel, Comic, and Game ever published by making the Mandalorian culture out to be *shivers* peaceful. For those that haven't paid attention to either the normal Mando stuff, or the Clone Wars, here's what a traditional Mandalorian is, a mercenary, a nomad, and a family man. Mandos fight for a living, and teach those of the family that do not how to fight so they can protect their homeland. A Mando is not a species, it's an adoptive culture, if you think like a Mando, and are willing to fight for your family, you are Mando. But above all this Mandos know how to do one thing: Fight, it's what they are taught to do from a young age, and are the closest thing to a Jedi there is without being Force Sensitive. Now here's the Clone Wars Mandalorian culture: Stationary, peaceful, and bureaucratic. A star system(again against tradition, Mandos usually settle on one planet only and that planet changes frequently), that is neutral, not because they are men for hire, but because they never fight, a poor man's Alderaan if you will. A culture reliant on technology(again traditional Mandos are either Mercenaries or Farmers, they use little technology that isn't for space travel or fighting), and bureaucratic in nature(Traditional Mando is leader by one leader called Mandalor who is the best fighter in the culture, something not sought but forced upon the strongest), where a Duchess(Seriously, do I even need to continue saying how fucking ridiculous that is?) that is their representative in the Republic Senate(Traditional Mandalorian culture has never been a member of the Republic), that need the Jedi(Traditionally sworn enemies) to protect their culture from dissidents(Traditional Mandalorians don't have dissidents, if you try to harm the culture you die, pure and simple).

And because of this utter bullshit spewing from the Clone Wars writers, the one writer most involved in writing Mandalorian culture, really the main and only one, Karen Traviss has been forced to abandon her SIX BOOK SERIES at the FINAL book. After this woman went to the trouble of writing an in depth perspective of a fan favorite aspect in the Star Wars series, got through writing it for 5 years and five books, the Clone Wars writers completely revamp it, contradicting the entire story she has written which has tie-ins as late as the Legacy series. She's been forced to quit the writing because they fucked up the story so badly that the books, which came BEFOREHAND are no longer canon, the entire thing is no longer canon.

I've been pissed at the series before, but this bull shit brought me close to abandoning it entirely. If Lucas didn't like her books then he should have proof-read them, and if he doesn't do that anymore, then he needs to fire whoever is in charge of it and reassert order in his series.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 26986
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Clone Wars Writers Empty Re: Clone Wars Writers

Post by Champion Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:59 pm

Clone Wars Writers Didntread

Cliffs?
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17160
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:03 pm

The animators fucked up one of my favorite parts of SW by contradicting 5 books made on the subject and declaring the books non-canon.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:12 pm

oh lol, i dont watch that series...i think its stupid. its for kids mainly.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26918
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:33 pm

Yeah, I mean, I've seen a few episodes.

WHO THE FUCK IS DUTCHESS SATINE OR WATEVER THE HELL HER NAME IS?

pretty sure it was Shysa or some1 else.

What the fuck is that city on Mandalore? It's sure as hell not Keldabe, and that show decided, hey, why dont we fuck the laws of physics for kicks?

They're assholes
Jacen
Jacen

+Light/-Dark : 15

Experience Points : 7078

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:48 pm

uh oh run! AARD IS HAVING A NERD RAGE!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Sqrl
Sqrl

+Light/-Dark : -674

Experience Points : 13327
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:53 pm

I was actually waiting for all the seasons to come out on DVD to watch them all. I saw the movie in the theatre with my nephew and it was fun.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17160
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:40 pm

Clone Wars Writers Whatwhat
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12238
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:48 am

Champion wrote:I was actually waiting for all the seasons to come out on DVD to watch them all. I saw the movie in the theatre with my nephew and it was fun.

I wouldn't have as much a problem with the canon abuse except for one fact. Karen Traviss, the author that has been forced to stop writing SW books because of the Clone Wars writers, was one of the better authors in the series, and I thoroughly enjoyed all her Star Wars books. Now I get no more, and I don't get an ending to my story because the Clone Wars writers had to fuck with canon instead of just leaving well enough alone.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulldog Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:54 pm

Aardvark wrote:But this last one pushed me over the edge. The recent episodes featuring "Mandalore" are just complete and utter bull shit. They go against every single Novel, Comic, and Game ever published by making the Mandalorian culture out to be *shivers* peaceful.

What the fuck, that is impossible to be true in the same sentence. They were only near what you would call peaceful out of respect for other warriors.
Bulldog
Bulldog
Senator - Jedi Approval Committee

+Light/-Dark : 16

Experience Points : 7091

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:32 pm

ahah, so does that mean that KOTOR and EaW are fucked?
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Not quite, KotOR they can get away with playing the time card. EaW is iffy, depends how they spin the rest of it.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:45 pm

well EaW doesnt reference mandalorians that much, just in FoC with the piracy and Mandal Corps.

i still remember Tyber saying "Remember, these are mandalorians, so this will be a fight to the death."
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:46 pm

Like I said, if they spin it the right way, they can get away with it, but given how pompous the Clone Wars writers are, I think they'll probably call FoC non-canon too.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:14 pm

I will kill one of those motherfuckers if that happens.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17642
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:33 pm

Didn't like the clone wars thing when they decided to make it for younger viewers, i want some violence and action in that, I don't care the censorship of fight scenes to graphic.

Also did you say that they were peaceful mandalors?
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:13 pm

Yep, revoltin' ain't it?
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:23 pm

Not as bad as the writers will look when i get my hands them!
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:55 pm

Amen, Star wars is going from a family movie with adult concepts and virtues to a all children show with in your face lessons on life and a storline so simple a toddler could follow it.
The Zohan
The Zohan

+Light/-Dark : 13

Experience Points : 6925

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:16 am

I think that's the point Zohan...

They want toddlers to follow it, so then they'll get money when they cry to their mommies and daddies about an Anakin and Asokha action figure.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17642
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:44 am

Ya the ony reason thi show is here is cus all the kids like is the clones and the droids shooting eachother in a war.
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:09 am

Ah yes, nothing says "bring the kids along" like a show about an ideological war with disposable troops.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:18 am

totally agree with thing, that's pretty much what lucas arts has become with time, money suckers, trying to squeeze out money where there legitimately shouldn't be getting any. Trust me I knw, my bro is addicted to SW action figures and I see him waste 22 dollars on a mouse sized, badly painted, fragile plastic figure that isn't worth more than 2 imo
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10420

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:40 pm

In time the star wars fan population will be defined by two groups. The fans that know what true star wars is and the fans who dont.(The kids growing up watching the new garbage)

That must be totaly confusing to kids too that dont understand the diffrence. Seeing the tv show and then seeing the movie a diffrent way.

isnt there a new show comming out caled Star Wars: Bounty Hunter?
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:50 pm

i need a remake of the original trilogy....
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next